I hope you're all set and looking forward to the new season.
This year it has taken extra effort to get us here. I took the role of Club Secretary on an interim basis 18 months ago to ensure we were registered successfully for the 2018/2019 season. That has now stretched to this season which I completed as there has been no volunteers to take on the role.
I will continue to support the club in my role as Treasurer, but the time has come for me to step down from the Club Secretary role.
Fulfilling both these key roles is a conflict of interest for the club and takes more of my time than I would like. Additionally, all key committee roles (Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Welfare Officer) are currently held by coaches & parents of the U14's. We feel it important that the Club has more representation from other age groups.
We are immediately looking for someone to take on this key role in our football club. Here is a list of the core activities the secretary is responsible for:
- Complete the Club FA affiliation (yearly)
- Complete the Club Charter Standard application (yearly)
- Register the teams with their respective leagues (yearly)
- Help managers with FA WholeGame registrations (yearly)
- Review manager/coach qualifications/expiry (quarterly)
- Arrange & minute monthly club meetings (monthly)
- League communication - match postponements (as needed)
- Helping out other committee members (as needed)
All the yearly tasks to get us started this season have already been completed.
If you are interested in helping the club move forward by taking this role or would like to discuss in more details, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07866 546263) or speak to your age groups manager.
Anyone taking on the role will receive support from myself during handover and also have the option of help from Berks & Bucks FA team. To reflect the importance of this role we would also refund membership fees for the Club Secretary.
Thank you for your time & support.