In order to effectively run Thatcham Town Harriers Football Club (The Club) we need to collect personal information about yourself and your child (Your Information). We use Pitchero in order to collect and maintain this information but may also share it with third parties such as Berks & Bucks FA, The FA and our membership payment provider.
The protection and handling of Your Information is very important to us and this policy will detail how we collect, store, manage or process your data.The information we collect and store (Your Information)
How we use Your Information
- Parents/Carers name - in order to contact you in regards to Club communications, membership requests and day to day running of The Club and teams.
- Home address(es) - in order to register your child in The FA Whole Game system.
- Email address(es) - in order to contact you in regards to Club communications, membership requests and day to day running of The Club and teams.
- Contact number(s) - in order to contact you in regards to Club communications, membership requests and day to day running of The Club and teams.
- Players name - in order to register your child in The FA Whole Game system.
- Players date of Birth - in order to register your child in The FA Whole Game system, league registration, tournament registration and validate playing eligibility.
- Players legal status - should there be any special circumstances with regards to child access that The Club need to be aware of.
- Players religion and culture - in order to understand how best to work with your child and any religious or cultural points that can impact their football activities. This is optional and you may speak directly to the coach if you do not wish this information to be held.
- Players health/medical needs - for trained First Aider's and team managers to be aware of for training and match days should your child need assistance.
- Players communication needs - in order to understand how best to work with your child. This is optional and you may speak directly to the coach if you do not wish this information to be held.
- Players FAN (FA number) - in order to uniquely register your child in The FA Whole Game system.
- Last logged in date for Pitchero - to determine if a member is still active or should be removed.
- Receiving email - we use read tracking on emails sent via Pitchero to help us understand when The Club communications are not reaching members and for reviewing membership uptake.
- Photos and recordings - At times The Club may wish to take photos or videos of the team or individuals in it. We adhere to The FA guidelines to ensure these are safe and respectful and used solely for the purposes for which they are intended, which is promotion and celebration of the activities of The Club and for training purposes. If you have any additional information which you wish to share with The Club, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In the section above we detailed Your Information that we collect. This section explains how this information is used.
Within The Club the committee members (Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Welfare Officer) have access to Your Information. Additionally, for your registered teams the Team Manager and Team Admins also have access to Your Information. Other recipients of Your Information include Pitchero and The FA as detailed below.
What is the legal basis on which we rely to process your information?
- Player registration - PitcheroWe use the collected information in order to check player eligibility, for coaches to be able to contact parents for training and matches, to track availability, to successfully run the team and ensure a safe environment for your child to participate in.
- Weekly football activities Team coaches and managers may use their personal email and phones in order to maintain contact lists for arranging matches or training and having emergency contact details available to them while your child is under their supervision.
We process Your Information with your consent. Where we do process Your Information based on consent, your consent is revocable at any time. To withdraw consent at any time and can do so by emailing email@example.com. Should you withdraw your consent then we would no longer be able to process Your Information and as such would have to withdraw your child from all footballing activities.
The ‘How we use Your Information’ section above sets out other uses of Your Information that are in our legitimate interests (provided that these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights). Who is responsible for Your Information?
The data controller of Your Information is:
- Thatcham Town Harriers Football Club
In order to contact The Club in regards to any data privacy concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRetention of Your Information
At the end of each season we remove any personal data collected about your child. If your child is signing on for the following season then the data will be collected again via our membership payment process. For non-player data we continue to hold any information entered as part of the registration process until informed otherwise - you can request that we remove your data at any time by emailing email@example.com.
We may keep details such as accident forms for a period of 7 years where legally obliged to do so. Only the forms are retained and any other personal information detailed previously with regards to Pitchero, The FA Whole Game System and our payment providers can be removed.Your rights
You may ask us for a copy of Your Information, and/or ask us to correct it or erase it at your request. Where we have asked for your consent to process Your Information, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Where we process Your Information because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to restrict processing of Your Information. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process Your Information. To exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you. We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process Your Information. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
|24th May 2018||Added new FA policy links to Whole Game System and FA Full-time|
|23rd May 2018||Initial version|